Golf Courses Tree management
Tree expert for your golf course
Trees are either loved or cursed by golfers and golf superintendents. Our unique approach is to cost effectively increase the value and performance of the trees while improving game experience and enjoyment on the golf grounds.With over 25 years of experience, our forester and ISA Certified Arborist will provide exceptional services for golf courses and country clubs.
Tree inventory: The first step is to conduct an inventory of the trees on the golf course, as well as to evaluate their health, vigor and purpose to better understand the management options and maintenance requirements.
Develop tree maintenance plan: The purpose of a long term maintenance plan is to ensure that trees are surviving, healthy and vigorous while adding functions to the game. The goal of the plan is to reduce the maintenance cost. The plan will outline the following:
- Irrigation and nutrient management
- Weed control management
- Tree protection options and tree pruning schedules
- Future construction development requirements
- Strategies and recommendations
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan: Pest and environmental issues pose significant challenges to the health, vigor and survival of trees. We will emphasize the preventative measures for long term tree protection but also develop a plan for immediate actions including:
- Insect, disease and abiotic ID
- Develop monitoring and detection system of serious tree pests
- Suggest treatment techniques and develop action threshold levels
- Develop management options and strategies for pest control
Tree Risks Assessments: Trees can pose risks to people, infrastructure and properties if they are not properly assessed. We will use International Society of Arborist (ISA) Tree Risks Assessment principles and guides to evaluate potential hazards and reduce the risks to users and property.